Laura
11:00 a.m. Showered and dressed and began my new make up application thanks to my DIL who was here for the weekend with my son. She is a whiz at make up application and proceeded to show me so many great tips and at my age, I'm telling you, I can use them. I need a new eyebrow brush with the proper kind of stiff and angled brush to do a really nice, natural looking brow rather than the one I've been seeing lately which hasn't looked too good. In fact, I need a few new brushes now that I realize what a difference they can make. M used some of her own on me and what a difference they made in the outcome. We had such a good time and I even let her pluck my eyebrows which is a huge leap of faith....and without a single scream!
12:30 p.m. I've had a slight sinus headache all day and it's getting worse as the day goes on. I think I'll take a couple of Alleve and hope for the best. I'm really tired and feel like I could take a nap, but will I? Probably not although I should just give in and lay down for 15 minutes or so. I would like to do some knitting but don't feel much like it for now so I'll see if I can as the day goes on. Heaven knows I need to work on my 3 current projects which sit in their basket calling out to me. I don't know why but for some unknown reason I haven't been in the mood to knit lately which is very rare, thankfully, so I hope the inclination returns sooner rather than later.
3:00 p.m. After eating some cottage cheese with peaches for lunch (trying my best to cut down), I read a few chapters from a book called "Secrets About Life Every Woman Should Know" by Barbara DeAngelis. So far I'm finding out some things I've known, but haven't put in the same context as she has, and it's quite an eye opener. There are some good ideas put forth in this book and one of the best ones is:
"When you go through each day expecting what is happening outside yourself to make you happy, you are setting yourself up for failure, you are setting yourself up for misery. You make yourself a victim of circumstances you cannot control and become dependent upon others for your own state of joy and contentment".
Now that one statement alone, leaped off the page at me. I think I've gone through the major portion of my life expecting that my happiness was always dependent on how much I was liked, loved, respected, etc. by all the major people in my life. In reality and I truly do believe this, the only TRUE and LASTING happiness in this lifetime is already inside each one of us and only WE are capable of finding it on the inside where God has put it from the moment of our creation. When we start to truly be happy within ourselves, only then can we begin to honestly love ourselves and others. How many times have I heard this theory presented, and yet, I've always turned a deaf ear. I've kept up the search on the "outside" with every sort of stop gap filling in the empty spots here and there. Okay, okay, so I've hopped up onto my soap box, but I did want to share this with all of you in case someone out there might find the same A-HA moment that I did. :)
4:30 p.m. Fed the 2 sweetie pies (our 2 cats) who proceeded to act like they never ate before! Oh well, they're so cute, what's a mom to do? :)) Then I had to figure out what we're going to have for dinner since I forgot to defrost anything. Looks like leftovers of fried chicken and I'll boil red bliss potatoes and a veggie. Got the mail and there was my first issue of "Taste of Home" cooking magazine, a mother's day gift from my darling daughter.....thanks so much, hon, I love it!
5:30 pm. My husband got home, changed and collapsed into his oversized chair to tell me all about his day, which if the truth be told is pretty much like any other at his place of business. His co-workers are quite a mix and the people who should get the boot, never do, and the ones you need to keep, seem to leave. In any event, it's good for him to be able to vent as I know so well from my recent days in the court system as an overworked and undervalued employee. I'm so glad those days are in the past, at least for the time being.
7:00 We ate dinner and got a few phone calls in the middle.....which is always the case. I guess it's Murphy's Law, if the phone doesn't ring all day, it's sure to start when you pick up your fork, LOL. The kitties wanted to go out on the deck which is about 10' off the ground so they stay put, but it was sprinkling a bit outside which didn't deter them one iota. They wanted to check on their bird pals and see if the bunnies were running around in the back. They sure have a good old time watching all the goings on.
9:45 p.m. After reading a bit more, I decided to log on and put my thoughts down while they were fresh and now, dear readers, I'm heading off to bed. I haven't been sleeping very well, dreaming all the time and apparently sleeping on my back too often according to DH which isn't good for snoring or a touch of sleep apnea. Hope tonight is restful and I wish the same to all of you. I'll be looking forward to reading about your days as you post them. Be happy, and God bless.

3 Comments:
Thanks, Laura -- it was a pleasure to read about your day!
I liked the quote about happiness from that book. I think we all know that intellectually, but it doesn't sink in for many of us. I'm going to try and remember that from now on....
:-)
Hey gal - I loved your day - especially the part about time to do fiberish things.
Post a Comment
<< Home